Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More on Praise

I read Psalm 50 today, and verses 12-15 emphasize so much what I have been thinking about praise. They say (God is speaking):

"If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for the world and its fullness are mine.
Do I eat the flesh of bulls
or drink the blood of goats?
Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and perform your vows to the Most High,
and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."

I think this is such a vivid way of describing God's desire for worship - but that the instructions he gives are not because that is what he needs. Instead, as our Creator, he teaches us how we were designed to interact with him so that we can be fulfilled in our relationship with him.

2 comments:

  1. I quoted some of this in an e-mail to a new friend who is trying to keep her head above water, so to speak. I'm really glad you write... have I mentioned that before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad! I am happy to have an outlet to share, and any time its meaningful or helpful for others it's a double blessing!

    ReplyDelete